Friday 24 March 2017

Listen


The Team at Mindline asked us to share this poem about the importance of listening. We're sure it'll touch you just as much as it touched us.






Listen


I am here to listen…not to work miracles.


I am here to help you discover what you are feeling…not make things go away.


I am here to help you identify your options…not to decide what you should do.


I am here to discuss steps with you…not to take steps for you.


I am here to help you discover your own strength…not to rescue you and leave you still vulnerable.


I am here to help you discover you can help yourself…not to take responsibility for you.


I am here to help you learn to choose…not to make it necessary for you to make difficult choices.


I am here to provide support for change!
Anon


Mindline is a Mental Health Helpline Project which operates 3 helplines to help support better mental health

Mindline Somerset 8pm till 11pm – Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat & Sunday 01823  276 892

Mindline South Devon & Torbay 8pm till 11pm – Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat & Sunday 0300 330 5464

Mindline Trans+ 8pm till Midnight Mon & Friday 0300 330 5468

No comments:

Post a Comment